WPViewPDF – PDF view component for Delphi and .NET
WPViewPDF is a powerful PDF viewer component which allows you to view and print, but also to manipulate PDF data (not only) with Delphi (VCL) and .NET. As “PLUS” edition it can be used to merge PDF files into a new, single file. You can extract PDF pages or delete pages. It is also possible to add vector and text graphic to PDF files (stamping). The data can be loaded from memory, file or stream.
Unlike many competing products WPViewPDF displays even large PDF files instantly due to its multithreaded architecture.
This component has been developed as a window class which makes it compatible to most Windows based development systems.
Out of the box it can be used as ActiveX (OCX), in .NET development environments (i.e. Visual Studio) and as VCL in Delphi and C++Builder.
Why do I need a PDF viewer component?
- If you need to embed a PDF viewer into your application, then you need WPViewPDF since this will, most likely, no longer be allowed with the Acrobat(tm) Viewer Version 6 or later.)
- If you need to load PDF files from memory, then you need WPViewPDF which will allow you to load PDF files from any stream. The stream interface makes it possible for you to use your own encryption/decryption scheme for the loading process.
- If you need to print the PDF files created by your own application, then you need WPViewPDF which makes it possible to print several PDF files using just one printer job without starting any external application
- If you need to use information from PDF files as background images in your application, then you need WPViewPDF since it has the ability to extract PDF pages as metafiles or print to a windows device (HDC).
- You can offer the user the ability to add custom texts and highlighting areas to a PDF file.
- You can extract text from PDF under program control
- Create a transparent highlight rectangle on a page and move it under program control (or let the user drag and move it)
- Read and write (PLUS Edition) to fields on PDF forms. This makes it possible to fill out such forms under program control.
- Last but not least: Imagine a powerful and versatile print and preview which is based completely on PDF files. The PDF files can be viewed, printed (with WPViewPDF or Acrobat(tm) Reader), stored or send via e-mail!